FOX23'S The X Factor Audition Pass Contest
Live Auditions – We will start auditions right at 9am and end right at Noon. If you have not made it through the door before noon you will not be able to participate in FOX23's The X Factor Audition Pass Contest. You may start lining up early (7am).
You will receive paperwork to fill out and sign. All forms must be filled out completely and truthfully. If you fail to complete any form, give any false information, or fail to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from these auditions.
Entering the Contest
There will be live auditions on April 28th at The Big Easy in Portland. There will be 4 categories: 12-29 guys, 12-29 girls, groups and 30 plus.
The Prize – One winner from each of the 4 categories will receive a WINNERS AUDITION PASS for The X-Factor Season Two auditions in Providence R.I. Winners will receive transportation to Rhode Island from Maine and 1nights accommodations.
(note: any expenses other than the transportation down on May 9th, and back to Maine on May 10th and the one nights accommodations May 9th, will be borne by the contestant. Transportation arrangements and hotel have been prearranged) 29 Passenger Deluxe Mini-coach equipped with a restroom, TV's, VCR/DVD, CD and reclining seats with arm rests. The hotel is within walking distance to the venue
General Contestant rules
- Contestants (including all members of a group) must be residents of FOX23's viewing area, and WBLM's listening area. This area includes areas in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. Contestants must be 12 years of age as of January 1, 2012.
- For the semifinals and live auditions at The Big Easy in Portland, contestants must bring a state issued picture ID or passport if they are 18 or older. If a contestant is under 18 they must show a state issued legal ID, passport or birth certificate and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian must show a government issued picture ID or passport. Legal guardians must have proof of guardianship (ex: Court order). Should the Guardian or Parent not accompany the minor they may appoint a guardian that is at least 21 years of age to accompany you to the Auditions. The appointed guardian must have a notarized guardian and medical authorization from the parent or legal guardian and you must have the document with you along with the appointed guardian. This appointed guardian must also have a government issued photo ID.
- Employees of FOX23, WBLM, Time Warner Cable, Portland Music Foundation, and Dispatch Magazine, FOX Broadcasting or their immediate family members (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children, and step children) or members of their households (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the contest.
At The Big Easy Saturday 4/28/12 9AM - 12Noon
- Please do not wear clothing that has corporate or sports team logos or names, copyrighted images, celebrity names or images, cartoon character images, inappropriate words or messages.
- You will receive documents to sign and a sticker with a number. This number will stay with you from the beginning of the Auditions until you are done.
- You will be required to sing part of a song a cappella (without tracks or instruments) for up to one minute in the Live Auditions.
- In the semifinals you will be able sing up to one and a half minutes or a verse and a chorus. Again you will sing a cappella (without tracks or instruments).
- You are encouraged to have more than one song if you like, as there could be a sing off at the end.
- Songs may not contain profanity, references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted by any other items by the winners. Station reserves the right to award no prize if the X Factor auditions are not held or if winners are not eligible for any reason.
- The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes if any.